Contact Us | Request a FREE Quote | Compare Plans | Expert Advice | (800) 577-2075

    Date of Birth:*

    Missouri Medicare Insurance

    If you're a resident of Missouri and are eligible for Medicare, you have a variety of options when it comes to selecting a health insurance plan. Medicare is a federal health insurance program that provides coverage to those who are 65 years or older, as well as those with certain disabilities or medical conditions.

    In Missouri, Medicare beneficiaries can choose to enroll in Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) or a Medicare Advantage plan (Part C) offered by private insurance companies. Medicare Advantage plans may offer additional benefits beyond what is covered by Original Medicare, such as prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and hearing benefits, and fitness programs.

    Additionally, Missouri residents can purchase a Medicare Supplement plan (also known as Medigap) to help cover out-of-pocket costs not covered by Original Medicare, such as deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance. These plans are offered by private insurance companies and are standardized by the federal government, so the coverage is the same regardless of the carrier.

    As of 2021, there were over 1.2 million Medicare beneficiaries in the state of Missouri, according to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). This represents approximately 20% of the state's total population.

    When it comes to prescription drug coverage, approximately 48% of Medicare beneficiaries in Missouri were enrolled in standalone Prescription Drug Plans (Part D), while the remaining 52% had drug coverage through their Medicare Advantage plans.

    When shopping for Medicare insurance in Missouri, it's important to consider factors such as cost, coverage, reputation, and network of providers. The top carriers offering Medicare insurance plans in Missouri include Humana, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri, Aetna, UnitedHealthcare, and Cigna. These companies offer a variety of plans to choose from, so it's important to compare rates and coverage options to find the best plan for your needs.

    If you need assistance navigating the complex world of Medicare insurance in Missouri, consider reaching out to a licensed insurance agent or broker who can help guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have. With the right coverage, you can have peace of mind knowing that you have access to the healthcare services you need to stay healthy and active.

    Medicare Planning works with Medicare Beneficiaries in the entire state including the top 10 most populous cities of Kansas City, St. Louis, Springfield, Columbia, Independence, Lee's Summit, O'Fallon, St. Joseph, St. Charles, & St. Peters.