Let us help!
Speak with one of our licensed Medicare insurance agents about your Medicare options.
Medicare Preventive Services
Medicare covers a full range of Medicare Preventive Services to help keep you healthy and help find problems early, when treatment is most effective. Ask your doctor which of these services is right for you and use the space below to write down important information.
- One time “Welcome to Medicare” Preventive Visit - within the first 12 months you have Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance)
- Yearly “Wellness” Visit - 12 months after your “Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit or 12 months after your Part B effective date
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening - Once in a lifetime
- Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling - Once each year
- Bone Mass Measurement (Bone Density Test) - once every 24 months (or more often if medically necessary)
- Cardiovascular Disease (Behavorial Therapy) - one time each year
- Cardiovascular Screenings (cholesterol, lipids, triglycerides) - once every 5 years
- Colorectal Cancer Screenings - once every 24 months if you’re at high risk for colorectal cancer
- Depression Screening - Once each year
- Diabetes Screening - You may be eligible for up to 2 screenings each year
- Diabetes Self-management Training - Medicare may cover up to 10 hours of initial DSMT
- Flu Shot - one flu shot per flu season
- Glaucoma Test - once every 12 months if you’re at high risk for glaucoma
- Hepatitis B Screening - Medicare covers HBV infection screenings if you’re at high risk or pregnant - once each year
- Hepatitis C Screening - One time with certain criteria
- HIV Screening - Once per year with certain criteria
- Lung Cancer Screening - Once per year with certain criteria
- Mammogram (screening for breast cancer) - once every 12 months
- Medical Nutrition Therapy Services - if you have diabetes or kidney disease, or you’ve had a kidney transplant in the last 36 months.
- Obesity Screening and Counseling - if you have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or more
- Pap Test and Pelvic Exam (includes a breast exam) - once every 24 months
- Pneumococcal Shots - covers 2 different pneumococcal shots. Part B covers the first shot at any time and a different, second shot if it’s given at least one year after the first shot
- Prostate Cancer Screening - covers digital rectal exams and prostate specific antigen (PSA) blood tests once every 12 months for men over 50
- Sexually Transmitted Infection Screening and Counseling - once every 12 months
- Counseling to Prevent Tobacco Use and Tobacco-Caused Disease - up to 8 visits of smoking and tobacco-use cessation counseling visits in a 12-month period smoking