Contact Us | Request a FREE Quote | Compare Plans | Expert Advice | (800) 577-2075

    Date of Birth:*

    Kansas Medicare Insurance

    If you're a Medicare beneficiary living in Kansas, it's important to understand your Medicare insurance options. Medicare is a federally funded health insurance program that provides coverage to people aged 65 or older, as well as those with certain disabilities or medical conditions.

    In Kansas, there are a variety of Medicare insurance options available to beneficiaries, including:

    1. Original Medicare: Original Medicare is a fee-for-service program that includes Part A (hospital insurance) and Part B (medical insurance). This coverage is provided directly by the federal government.

    2. Medicare Advantage: Medicare Advantage plans are offered by private insurance companies and provide an alternative to Original Medicare. These plans combine Part A and Part B coverage and may also include additional benefits like prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and hearing benefits.

    3. Medicare Supplement (Medigap): Medigap policies are also offered by private insurance companies and can help pay for some of the out-of-pocket costs associated with Original Medicare, such as deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance.

    4. Medicare Part D: Medicare Part D is prescription drug coverage that is offered by private insurance companies. These plans help cover the cost of prescription drugs and are available to those with Original Medicare, as well as those with a Medicare Advantage plan that does not offer prescription drug coverage.

      As of 2021, there were over 500,000 Medicare beneficiaries in the state of Kansas, according to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). This represents approximately 17% of the state's total population.

      Of the Medicare beneficiaries in Kansas, approximately 67% were enrolled in Original Medicare (Part A and Part B), while the remaining 33% were enrolled in Medicare Advantage plans (Part C) offered by private insurance companies. Additionally, approximately 45% of Medicare beneficiaries in Kansas were enrolled in Medicare Supplement plans (also known as Medigap).

    When shopping for Medicare insurance in Kansas, it's important to consider factors such as cost, coverage, reputation, and network of providers. The top carriers offering Medicare insurance plans in Kansas include Humana, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, UnitedHealthcare, and Cigna. These companies offer a variety of plans to choose from, so it's important to compare rates and coverage options to find the right plan for your needs.

    If you need assistance navigating the complex world of Medicare insurance in Kansas, consider reaching out to a licensed insurance agent or broker who can help guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have. With the right coverage, you can have peace of mind knowing that you have access to the healthcare services you need to stay healthy and active.

    Medicare Planning helps Medicare beneficiaries throughout the state of Kansas including the top 10 most populous cities of Wichita, Overland Park, Kansas City, Topeka, Olathe, Lawrence, Shawnee, Manhattan, Lenexa, & Salina.