How to Apply for Medicare
During your IEP:
2. Click “Medicare Enrollment”
3. Click “Apply for Medicare Only”
4. Check “I understand and agree to the above statements” and click “next”
5. Click “Start a New Application”
6. Check which applies to who is completing the application and if you have a my Social Security account and “next”. If you have a my Social Security account you will be directed to log in. If you do not you will be asked to create an account
7. Finalize Medicare Enrollment online application.
You should receive your Medicare card in approximately 3 weeks!
**Note** If you draw social security prior to turning 65 you will automatically be enrolled in Medicare and do NOT need to go through these steps.